Date:
Wed, 6 May 1998 11:42:24 -0500

Hi all!

I just got off the phone with the comsumer affairs division of both Coca
Cola, Pepsi and Cadbury / Dr. Pepper.  While all three companies are
sending me complete listings, I thought I would share some things with
the list.

According to all three companies, ALL of their caramel coloring is
derived from corn.  Pepsi even went so far as to state that the process
they use removes all of the proteins which could cause allergic
reactions (good news for you corn intolerant folks out there).

While it's easy to spot most Coke / Pepsi products, it's harder to tell
some of the Cadbury products.  These products include A&W Root Beer (my
son is so happy now), Schwepps, ABC Root Beer (the ones in the glass
bottles), Crystal Light and, of course, Dr. Pepper. Cadbury has a list
available (which they are sending me and I'll post when it arrives).

Pepsico is getting together a list of gluten free products from their
resturaunt chains (KFC, Pizza Hut and Taco Bell) and I'll forward that
along as soon as it arrives.

If you have further questions and wish to contact these companies
yourself, here are their consumer hotline #'s:

Pepsi Cola : 800.433.2652
Coca Cola:   800.438.2653
Cadbury / Dr. Pepper: 800.527.7096

KJB