From:
Ian Wahl <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 Apr 1998 22:57:22 -0500

Dear Listmembers,

As I sit here are read all of the entries on this subject, and feel the
turmoil that everyone is feeling, I cannot help but think that sometimes it
is worth it to ere on the side of caution.  When my daughter was first
diagnosed, we did try using those alternative grains and vinegar, but her
reactions were so severe, that we decided to go the conservative route.  I
think that you can never be too careful when it comes to health issues, and
if in the future, you decide to try to be more liberal, so be it.  If that
works for your situation, more power to you, but if, like in our case, it
doesn't, we wouldn't know where to look for the gluten if we were not told
that these items could potentially pose a problem.  I respect the
individuals decision to be in charge of their own health, but as a mother,
it's my duty and responsibility to make sure my child is healthy.  The
information that these organizations provide is essential to helping us
make the best possible decisions for our loved ones.

Thanks for listening.  A Happy and healthy holiday (whichever one you
celebrate) to you all.

Bev in Chicago, IL