Date:
Fri, 20 Feb 2015 22:26:07 -0500

It turns out the doc was using easy, understandable verbiage for my condition.  I have wall thickening (folds) at two points in my colon.  It happens to be both bends in the colon, as well.  From what I've read, this could mean many different things.  But since my recent colonoscopy came back OK (Jan 2015), he's treating it like it's IBS for now.  We'll keep an eye on things.

After going 4 days with no stomach pain, it started again 2 days ago.  I've only been taking IBS meds 6 days now.

Again, based on things I've read, the folds can cause things to get "stuck" and not move through the colon properly.

I would love to hear from those who have this condition and what it meant for you.

Thanks!
Cathy
Kernersville, NC
Diagnosed December 2013

PS I KNOW I'm not consuming gluten and that's not where the pain comes from.  95% of my meals I prepare since I work from home.  My endoscopy last month showed after 13 months of being GF my small intestines are 100% healed.  Awesome sign considering I had Celiac undiagnosed for 40 years!