From:
Mireille Cote <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 26 May 2000 11:51:50 -0400

I have receive 2 responses only to my quering.  Thank you to you.  Here
they are:

Just surf to the touristinfo site,(ask your search engine to look for VVV,
just that) they have links for each region and you can then contact the
local office, to ask for a list with rooms/kitchen or appartements.  There's
plenty of those in Holland, it may be a bit late though probably many places
are booked out already.  I always found this the best solution, because
eating in restaurants is a hassle, unless you want to stick to salats all
the time.  Many towns have healthfood shops, but there's also a supermarket
chain called Albert Hein, which has ricewaffels and other healthfood.  I
haven't found many specifically gf products there however (in Germany eg,
they have a whole range of products for celiacs, quite tasty as well), but
patatoes and rice and veggies are available everywhere.  I don't know if you
have other foodallergies, but if not then it shouldn't be to much of a
problem.  I'm a celiac and a vegan and was fine there (I live in Germany but
spend most of my hollidays in Holland).  If you have any difficulties with
the VVV search, just let me know where you intent to go, and I'll contact
them and ask them to send you the info.

We traveled to Amsterdam three years ago with our celiac daughter and
stayed in an apartment with kitchen on the Amstel River.  I don't have
the name of it right here, but we found the apartment through the Dutch
tourist bureau in London (we are American but were living in England
that year).  Have you tried contacting the Dutch tourism agency in
Quebec?  If they are no help, write back and I will see if I can find
any information we might still have from that trip.