From:
Sherill Roberts <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 12 Nov 1997 22:29:51 -0800

This is my answer to Robin in Indiana's question about pregnancy. I
thought it might be of interest and encouragement to others:

Dear Robin,
        I was diagnosed with CD at 32, and had my first baby at 35,
second at 40. I was allergic to so many foods that it was hard to gain
enough weight, but I managed to grow a big (8.5 lbs) healthy baby each
time. Eating the GF diet turned out to be very good for me and the baby.
I had no extra problems at all -very healthy pregnancies. After birth, I
nursed both babies each 3 years, was very careful about my diet and
theirs, and have now got two glowingly healthy girls, 11 and 16. The
younger one has celiac, but we found that out so fast that she hardly ate
any gluten at all in her life, and thus suffered no damage in her
development.
        Good luck to you.
Sherill Roberts
Oregon