From:
Michael Jones <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 Aug 1996 12:58:08 GMT

Several months ago the postings from this List were mirrored to the Usenet
gateway (bit.listserv.celiac).  For those interested in reducing their message
traffic, this is often a reasonable technique.

It has recently come to light that all of the List traffic may not be showing
up and you may be missing some interesing post.  The failure rates appears to
be greater than 50 percent.  The cause is unknow and Celiac is the only List
that has reported this problem.

We understand that Usenet traffic can be delayed 24 hours at the intital
gateway, which could result in a longer delay at your mailbox.

To assist in verfing that this problem is wide spread and is not Internet
Providor related, I am asking for some volunteers to assist in documenting
message arrival on Usenet.

Each day for about a week, I will send the message headings for the previous 24
hours to these IDs and ask that received Usenet message be marked on the
summary and returned to me.  If there is a network wide problem, this will show
the true extent of the problem.

Hopefully, this message will make it through the gateway and our Usenet
subcribers will assist in this project.

Please reply directly to me and not the List.

----
Michael Jones ([log in to unmask]) Orlando, FL USA
One of the Celiac & Cel-Kids Listowners