From:
Gwynneth Lee <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 Aug 2000 07:39:15 -0400

Dear List,

My friend just held a Celiac Awareness day at her store in Missouri.It
went very well, and wanted me to extend her thanks to everyone on the
list who assisted.

She asked me to find the answer to a question regarding AMARANTH.
I would like it, too, since several people with celiac disease have
told me the same thing as well.

IS amaranth problematic for people with celiac disease?  How is it
related to gluten containing grains?  Why does the CSA have a ban
on it for people with celiac disease?  I have also been told by
the same PWCD that buckwheat has been given "hands off" status
by the CSA as well.  What's up with this?

Thanks!

Gwynneth in Boston