From:
Robin and Doug Schantz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 19 Oct 1997 20:31:45 -0500

Hi everyone,

I recently made a package of Uncle Ben's chicken flavored wild rice and
I noticed that the ingredients stated that it contained corn gluten.  I
was under the impression that corn did not contain gluten, making it
safe for celiacs.  I've never had any problem with corn, but the
"gluten" on the ingredients list made me think twice.  I didn't try the
rice, just served it to the rest of my family (non-celiacs).  Does
anyone know what corn gluten is or if it is safe for celiacs?

Robin in Indiana