From:
Andy Thomson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 24 Aug 2001 09:25:23 -0500

For at least a year after her diagnosis, my daughter Katy seemed to be
allergic to rice.  The only rice products she tried were celiac products
which included rice flour as an ingredient.  She would be fine when she
ate them, but would have episodes of vomiting and diarrhea a couple of
hours later.

This summer (several years later), Katy's physician gave her an IgE test
for rice allergy which was negative, and told her to try small amounts
of rice.  We have started with a product with a little bit of white rice
flour, and it so far seems to be going ok.

I have two questions:

1.  Has anyone had the experience of not tolerating rice early on while
healing but then being able to tolerate it later?

2.  Does anyone have the experience of being able to tolerate white rice
flour but not brown rice flour.

Thanks very, very much!!!

Andy Thomson
Chicago