From:
George & Gayle Kennedy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 4 Jan 2001 08:18:55 -0500

The LIST asked for a summary.  So far I've received 48 messages, and
without an exception they all said something related to the following:

"Thanks for passing on what a lot of us have found confusing.  I have only
been a member since September, 1999, so definitely find the use of acronyms
a mystery."

Some responses were funny, some were literate, but the best was
Looooong, and left my husband and me weak with laughter.  The whole
message would surely not fit within CELIAC LIST regulations, but I'll
send you a sample:

At 4:25 PM -0500 1/3/01, [log in to unmask] wrote:
>$0.02          Throwing in your two cents' worth
>AAMOF          As a matter of fact (very rare)
>ADN            Any Day Now
>AFAIC          As Far As I'm Concerned
>AFAIK          As far as I know
>AFK            Away From Keyboard
>AISI           As I See It
>aka            also known as
>ANFAWFOS       And Now For A Word From Our Sponsor
>ANFSCD         And Now For Something Completely Different...
>APA            Amateur Press Association
>AS             On Another Subject
>ASAFP          As Soon As Friggin' Possible
>ASAP           As Soon As Possible
>ATSL           Along The Same Line
>AWGTHTGTATA    Are We Going To Have To Go Through ALL This Again?
>AYOR           At Your Own Risk
>B4             Before
>B4N            Bye for Now
>BAD            Broken as Designed
>BBIAB          Be Back In A Bit
>BBR            Burnt Beyond Repair
>BBS            Bulletin Board System
>BCNU           Be seein' you! (saying goodbye)
>BFHD           Big fat hairy deal (a la Garfield the Cat) (very rare)
>BFN            Bye For Now
>BION           Believe it or not
>BMTIPG         Brilliant minds think in parallel gutters

and many items later:
>ROFLASTC       Rolling On Floor Laughing And Scaring The Cat!

My favorite is:

>WYLABOCTGWTR   Would You Like A Bowl Of Cream To Go With That Remark?

I'm going to have a lot to learn in order to be completely computer literate.

Gayle Kennedy