From:
Ciufo Family <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 1 Apr 2001 13:13:22 -0700

I am new to the list and have a couple of questions for all of you. I was
diagnosed 2 1/2 years ago while I was being hospitalized for severe
malnutrition. I have had 3 biopsies with all 3 confirming Celiac Disease. My
question is that while I was strict with my diet (by my own standards) for
the first 6 months I have since "fallen off the wagon", being only careful
at best, however I have had NO major setbacks (thankfully). Is this normal?
It seems that everyone else becomes very ill after  small amounts ingested
or even contamination. Is the harsh response due to a gradual build up of
intolerance due to continued exposure to gluten? Or have I been very lucky?
I would appreciate any of your comments.

Thank You

Georgetta
Palmdale, California