From:
goalieootttaA <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 25 Apr 1998 01:22:37 -0700

Hi all,
Thanks to all who replied about gf icing sugar. First of all it is called
confectioner's sugar while powdered, superfine, or berry sugar is simply
a finer grind of regular granulated. Confectioner's sugar has cornstarch
added to prevent lumping (Joy of Cooking). Having said that, several
people said that some icing sugars have wheat starch rather than
cornstarch added so brand is important.

In Canada:

Redpath brand is most widely recommended as gf in Canada
Domino may be gf- check label for cornstarch
Safeway brand (same as Domino)
*Roger's uses wheat starch

in any case, as usual, if the label says 'starch' assume may not be gf

In US:

C&H can be obtained in Blaine or Point Roberts at a very good price
-probably widely available throughout the US

(thankyou to one poster for the advice to be nice to the customs official
when presenting bags of white powder at the border crossing) :)

also:

(I am not affiliated with this company but the info may be useful to
others)

Company: De-Ro-Ma
Website: http//www.cosmo2000.ca/deroma
Tel:1-800-363-DIET  Sylvie is the sales/mktng rep

will send you an email catalogue of over 400 gf products, will ship in
North America, see section 10 for icing sugar

Thanks again to all who posted, I had so many replies i couldn't answer
each one personally!