From:
C. Osborn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 Jun 2001 08:27:21 -0700

Hello,

     Here is the summary regarding the Caramel Color.

Caramel Color is found in most, if not all the darker
colored sodas(ie CocaCola and Pepsi).  Most of the
Caramel Color made in the USA in soft drinks ONLY is
OK being it made from corn. One should always take the
necessary precautions such as calling the company
yourself if you are unsure.  I have found that if you
send an email, they will tell you "whatever" just so
they will not have to deal with you.

Anyway, All Coke and Pepsi products are GF and are
fine to consume. All of the Cadbury Schwepps sodas are
GF as well.  One of the most popular sodas made by
them is Dr. Pepper, drink away!

The only soda that has Gluten in it would be IBC Root
beer.  Stay away from it.

I had some people tell me that ALL caramel color
inside the United States is fine and others say that
Caramel Color is only OK in sodas.  Once again, use
your own judgement.

Thanks and hope this helps,

Chris in Maryland

====

Thanks, Chris "All punishment is mischeif, all punishment in itself is
evil." [log in to unmask]