From:
Susie Geise <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 Feb 1999 14:48:30 -0600

Do any of the female list members have information about the birth control
pill brand Mircette?  I have searched the archives and read all information
I can find but don't see this brand mentioned.  It does not appear on the
'97 posted list of GF birth control, but the company, Organon, says it is
GF.  However, the person I spoke to said only that it didn't have any wheat
starch, and I had to inform her of other ingredients that were suspect.  I
began taking it six weeks ago and have noticed a recurrence of some
symptoms.  The company rep told me that gastrointestinal symptoms are common
the first three months, so that may be why I am having symptoms.  I'm not
sure I want to take a medication that causes the symptoms I have so recently
been freed from!  Any information on this particular brand would be
appreciated.  Thanks.

Susie -- West Central Illinois