From:
Linda Goldkrantz <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Linda Goldkrantz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 31 May 2016 23:55:52 -0400

Folks, I really appreciate the messages I’m getting, but I go to San Fran once a year, if I’m lucky….and only to visit my kids…so we’re talking about summer 2017.

Most of the sites people are recommending, I’ve used.  They’re fine….Find Me GF is great. Googling is great. Open Table is great, etc., IF
1. if you want very expensive, tourist restaurants, IN the city….in trendy areas or at the Wharf. Even Sausalito is great, but that’s a day trip.
2. If you want fast food joints. Yuck.
3. If you have control of you’re own schedule and when and where you can go.

When I go, I’m the out-of-town grandma who is coming specifically for a recital or concert that the kids are in. They’re 7 and 9 now. Sometimes, we’re in more than one car and my DIL’s family or friends are involved. My son doesn’t like to plan ahead, so we’ll get to the car after the show, and he’ll ask me where we are going to eat….But I never know what neighborhood we’ll be starting out from.  Parking, traffic, schedules….It’s not that easy. I scramble to come up with something that makes sense. It was actually my 9 year old granddaughter who knew about Pacific Catch….which would have been great if I liked raw fish or sushi.

I do use the recommended sites. And I do call ahead. I just think if a restaurant says they do gluten-free, then you shouldn’t still get a hunk of bread on the salad and attitude to go with it.

I’ll summarize tomorrow.