Date:
Tue, 25 Mar 1997 16:58:59 -0500

Attention Itch sufferers!

My father recently ordered me a spray called Skin-Cap, containing pyrithione
zinc, for my excessively itchy, scaly skin. I had been on Dapsone (25mg twice
daily) for one week and was experiencing only mild relief.  To my great
relief, I was able to sleep all night and my cycle of itching and scratching
appears to have been broken!

I have no financial interest in this product, other than getting my $29.99
worth.

This product is produced in Spain.....
distributed by Chemnova America, Corp.
6073 NW 167th St. , Unit C-20
Miami, FL  33015
1-888-627-1140

This product apparently has been distributed in Europe for some years and was
only recently approved by the US FDA.

The box reads "for relief of skin and scalp itching, irritation, redness,
flaking and scaling associated with dandruff and seborrheic dermatitis."

The can contains 100ml (3.3 oz.) or spray.

Perhaps some of the medical/scientist persons on this list could give us some
insight as to why this might help. I know zinc is necessary for good skin
health and I've taken it internally or in lozenges for sore throats, but I
haven't a clue where all my flaky skin went... but I sure am glad it's gone!

I am not a doctor so I cannot make any warning about this product. It is a
spray, but it does not list the carrier on the box. My father felt it might
be propane or another flammable substance, use at your own risk.

Instead of ordering (my father ordered through some mail-order health  thing
-  you may be able to get it at  store. My father saw it somewhere in town,
but for $10 more (ouch!)

Thanks for all the wonderful advice I have gotten from all of you. I hope
someone can benefit from this spray.

Jennifer
Houston