From:
Solange Moon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 8 Dec 2001 20:18:59 EST

Good evening everyone,

I just found out I am also sensitive to soy, so now my diet is even more
limited than ever.  It's OK though because I am finding lots of things to do
this time of year so I can keep busy and not dwell on food.  However, I have
been having a really hard time with DH--getting it on my scalp now, and on my
butt!  I will not take Dapsone, and have had limited success with various
creams.  I am totally GF, and now soy free, but the DH continues.

Has anyone any solid advice for me on this.  I have checked my shampoos and
body products. The only suspicious one is J&J Baby Powder w/cornstarch.  Hey,
I recently used Downey Fabric Softner in my wash!! Could this be a problem?
With food I am OK, but it's the little extras areas that throw me.  All my
vitamins and supplements are totally GF, and I am baking all my own GF breads
using almond flours.

I would appreciate any advice.  The dermatologist was no help.  He handed me
some Lactrin moisturizer and told me not to scratch.  Thank you all and hope
you are all enjoying the holiday season.  Go out, spend money and live your
life.  I am so grateful for this list.

Love and peace always,

Libby
NYC

P.S. to Vance--Dr. Fine also told me I was slightly Celiac.  My own doctor
told me that stool testing is totally unreliable.  My doctor believes
everyone is slightly celiac because wheat is a dangerous food. However, I did
take the stool test after being GF for several months.  I've never heard of
anyone being told they weren't Celiac after sending samples to Enterolab.  My
cheek sample tested positive for Celiac. Thanks for your summary.