From:
Deborrah C. Szuch <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 20 Apr 2001 09:22:19 -0500

Hello Listmates,

I celiac aquaintance of mine recommended J.J's Bakery in Burlington, WI.
 They sell wonderful bread, hamburger buns, hot dog buns and dough
which, she told me, are gluten free.  She gave me a small loaf for my
son to try.  I called the bakery before he ate it, and they told me that
they use a potato-based flour mix, thus their wonderful consistency.
(It DOES have a wonderful consistency!)

Anyway, to make a long story short, my son ate the bread, and two hours
later, had a definite gluten reaction.  However, nothing in their
ingredients are suspicious.  Did I use the wrong jar of peanut butter?
Did one of his friends accidently spill crumbs for his sandwich on my
son's plate?  I don't know, soooooo ... Has anyone had experience with
this bakery?  Would love to hear other experiences.  Their bread is
WONDERFUL, and I would love for him to be able to eat it.

Thanks,

Deb in IL