From:
Carl Douthit <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 23 Apr 2000 13:20:33 -0400

Everyone should have their pharmacist check regarding all prescription
drugs. I too spent many years taking dapsone and eating gluten--because I
was not correctly told that I needed to avoid all gluten.

Regarding Dapsone: I think this must be a situation where some
forms/manufacturers are OK, and others are not. I had my pharmacist check
Dapsone relatively recently, and it came back OK. This was the non-generic
form of Dapsone and the checking was done through a hospital pharmacy.
Perhaps this is a question of generic vs. non-generic or one brand against
another?

Only the pharmacists and manufacturers can clear this question up. A
running tally of people who believe that dapsone is GF or non-GF won't
clear up the situation. Please don't email me arguments for, or against
taking dapsone. I posted because I didn't want the situation left appearing
that all forms/manufacturers of Dapsone contain gluten. I do NOT question
the accuracy of the original post.

Each person needs to check with their doctor and pharmacist, and then
decide themselves if the benefits outweigh the (potential) negatives.

Carl