Date:
Thu, 10 Jul 2008 15:25:39 -0600

Awhile back there were some questions/concerns about the non-availability of
medical insurance for those with CD.  From what I gather this would apply
only to those living in the USA where medical insurance is only available to
those who wish to pay.  I may be wrong on this point so correct me is I am.

I'm curious.  What reasons are given by insurance companies for not
providing medical insurance to those with CD?  Does this exclude medical
insurance totally or does the provider put a caveat on those who have CD?

The way I see it is; if your CD is under control and you regularly consult
with your doctor then you are no more a threat to the insurance company than
someone who does not have CD.

Look forward to any insight you may have.

Thanks

Dennis

Edmonton, AB