From:
Michelle Melin-Rogovin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 Oct 2001 15:40:54 -0500

University of Chicago Celiac Disease Program
FREE CELIAC DISEASE BLOOD SCREENING
For At-Risk Individuals*

Saturday October 20, 2001, 8:30 am - 12:30 pm
University of Chicago Hospitals
Center for Advanced Medicine, 58th Street at South Maryland Avenue, Chicago

*At-risk individuals include people who have a close family member with the
disease, those with celiac-related symptoms and individuals affected by
other autoimmune disorders commonly associated with celiac disease.
Individuals who are currently following a gluten-free diet are not eligible
to participate. If you have questions about eligibility, please call
773-702-7593.

WE DON'T WANT TO KEEP YOU WAITING!

We're expecting 250-300 people for this screening, which is great news!
However, we don't want participants to wait a long time before they have
their blood drawn. Can you help us? If possible, we'd like people to plan
to arrive for their screening at the following times (based on the first
letter of your last name):
A-F:            8:30 - 9:30
G-L:            9:30 - 10:30
M-S:            10:30 - 11:30
T-Z:            11:30 - 12:30
If you are unable to make the above scheduled time, you will NOT be turned
away-but if you can plan to attend at your scheduled time, we'd appreciate it!

--Test results mailed in 6-8 weeks
--Your participation supports celiac disease research at the University of
Chicago
--Gluten-Free Goodies for all participants
--Teddy bears for every child screened
--Learn more about the University of Chicago Celiac Disease Program

FREE PARKING AT SELF-PARKING GARAGE (Across from The University of
Chicago Children's Hospital) Parking validations will be provided at
blood screening registration

For directions to the University of Chicago Hospitals, please go to:
http://www.uchospitals.edu/directions.html Or call 773-702-7593 to
request directions.

For more information, contact Michelle Melin-Rogovin at 773-702-7593.

Michelle Melin-Rogovin, Program Director
The University of Chicago Celiac Disease Program
at The University of Chicago Children's Hospital
5839 S. Maryland Avenue, MC 4065
Chicago, Illinois 60637
Phone: 773-702-7593
Fax: 773-702-0666