Date:
Sun, 6 Jul 2003 16:55:41 -0500

We were recently traveling and I thought I would let you know about the
wonderful places we found in Texarkana.

The first was an Outback in Texarkana, TX.  This Outback knows about celiac
disease, though the waiter did not.  They have a special spice made up in
the back with rosemary and several other things in it.  If you go there,
tell them to cook your food like the fishlady's.  The fishlady's spice can
be put on any fish or the vegetables.  They keep it on hand at all times.

The Denny's on the Texarkana, TX/AR border, but it was in AR was also
great.  I explained about our food situation and the manager came out with
the food allergy sheet.  I was able to look at it and decide what to
order.  There was a section for Wheat Allergy and MSG among other
things.  I was impressed.  They keep this sheet in a special section and it
is accessible at all times.  Our meal was managed perfectly and I would
feel completely comfortable going there again.

As always, there is a risk with eating out and we generally bring our own
food to eat on trips, but I had two great experiences and was pleasantly
surprised with the outcome.

Susie
momma to Sarah (May 9, 1995), Emily (April 8, 1998), Anna (March 15, 2001),
and our newest creation due sometime October/November 2003