From:
Andrea Otken-Dennis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 29 Mar 2001 12:42:25 -0500

Once again, I'm looking to all the list members for help/information

I've been digging for a while, as I just got all of my medical files
from my previous GI doc.

He said that he didn't see any evidence of Celiac during my endoscopy,
which I knew..but he didn't tell me that the results of all the biopsies
he took were the following:

distal duodenum (chronic duodenitis)
ge junction (mild reflux esophagitis and mild chronic gastritis)
rectum (colonic mucosa with focal lymphoid aggregate)
rectal polyp (colonic mucosa consistent with tubular adenoma)

I've been trying to "translate" all of these things..

I was told, the only thing, in fact that I was told that.

1, my biopsy didn't indicate celiac
2. I had a rectal polyp that was precancerous.

in the records, my polyp showed ~6 mm.

The research that I have done says that they have to be 2 cm to be
indicative of cancer.

I'm perplexed.

If anyone can help me translate these things, I'd greatly appreciate
it..

Also, if anyone knows, that has been "officially diagnosed" Celiac, that
they have had any of these diagnoses, that would be helpful to me..

tiny bit of background.

I had positive igG anti-gliadin blood work, negative biopsy.
My son is biopsy/bloodwork diagnosed Celiac.

I have been on a GF diet for 3 years (almost) and have no intention of
going off of the diet.

I have an appt tomorrow with a new GI who is going to evaluate me again
for blood in the stool, which just developed recently.

I have food allergies to dairy, tomato, legumes/peanuts, shellfish,
basil, eggs and others...

I was diagnosed at 8 years old with IBS that got progressively worse
until I went on GF diet (even with food allergy avoidance).

Any information would be greatly appreciated!!!!

Thanks!

Andrea