From:
"Thorn, Michael" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Thorn, Michael
Date:
Mon, 12 Jun 2006 15:50:07 -0400

Suffolk County Celiacs held our 1st Annual Gluten Free Vendor Fair Sunday, June 11th.
The event was hosted at the headquarters of Comfy Cuisine and owner John Muscarello (and his children John, Matthew and Elizabeth) provided tremendous resources and effort to make our event a smashing over-the-top success!

Attendance was over 700!

Our success would not have been possible without our dedicated member volunteers and all the great vendors.

Rory Jones, co-author with Dr. Peter Green of 'Celiac Disease the Hidden Epidemic' signed books.
Anne Roland Lee, Nutritionist for the CD Center at Columbia provided expert answers to interesting questions.
Ann Whelan of 'Gluten Free Living Magazine' answered lots of questions with her expansive knowledge of all things gluten free!
Lee Tobin, founder of the Whole Foods Market Gluten Free Bakehouse and Gluten-Free Team Leader for WFM.

And many thanks for our terrific and delicious vendors.
I'm sharing the info about these vendors. There are some that will be new to you and I know that people are always seeking new sources!

Many, many people said that they heard about the event from this list.

Almond Tree Health Food Store, 55 25A, Rocky Point, NY
Celiac Chicks, www.celiacchicks.com <http://www.celiacchicks.com/>
Our host~~~ Comfy Cuisine (frozen pizzas and entrees-check your local store and Whole Foods Market). www.comfycuisine.com <http://www.comfycuisine.com/>
Cornucopia, 39 North Main Street, Sayville, NY
Deby's Gluten Free (who drove to Long Island from Colorado to attend). www.debysglutenfree.net <http://www.debysglutenfree.net/>
Dr. B Well's Naturally, 8 Washington Ave, Plainview, NY. [log in to unmask]
Earth's Remdedies, 1134 Wantagh Avenue, Wantagh, NY 516-785-7977
Enjoy Life Natural Brands, www.enjoylifefoods.com <http://www.enjoylifefoods.com/>
Everybody Eats, Inc. www.everybodyeats-inc.com <http://www.everybodyeats-inc.com/>
Executive Concepts (nutritonal supplements, face, body and hair products for men and women) www.executive-concepts.com <http://www.executive-concepts.com/>
Food-Tek, Inc. www.glutenfreesolutions.org <http://www.glutenfreesolutions.org/>
Glenn'ys (soy chips and snacks). www.glennys.com <http://www.glennys.com/>
Gluten Free Naturals (GFN Foods, LLC) www.gfnfoods.com <http://www.gfnfoods.com/>
Gluten Free Bread Basket. www.gfbreadbasket.com <http://www.gfbreadbasket.com/>
Gluten Free Living Magazine  www.glutenfreeliving.com <http://www.glutenfreeliving.com/>
Gluten Free Passport www.glutenfreepassport.com <http://www.glutenfreepassport.com/>
Good Eatz www.goodeatz.org <http://www.goodeatz.org/>
Joan's GF Great Bakes [log in to unmask]
Juice Plus  www.juiceplus.com      bm15866
Kinnikinnick Foods, Inc. ($10 shipping from Canada!) www.kinnikinnick.com <http://www.kinnikinnick.com/>
Mr. Ritts Bakery, 709 E. Passyunk Avenue, Philadelphia  www.MrRitts.com <http://www.mrritts.com/>
Pamela's Products www.pamelasproducts.com <http://www.pamelasproducts.com/>
Lifefield Buckwheat Distributors. www.lifefieldbuckwheat.com <http://www.lifefieldbuckwheat.com/>
Ramapo Valley Brewery, www.ramapovalleybrewery.com <http://www.ramapovalleybrewery.com/>
Silly Yak Shirt Company www.silly-yak.com <http://www.silly-yak.com/>
Swanmeadow Foods, LLC. Producer of GF foods. (check out their gravy mix). [log in to unmask]
Whole Foods Market (locally located at 429 North Broadway, Jericho, NY www.wholefoods.com <http://www.wholefoods.com/>
Wild by Nature Market (three locations in our area) www.wildnature.com <http://www.wildnature.com/>

Suffolk County Celiacs - a Branch of GIG meets monthly (except August and January) at West Islip Community Center, 90 Higbie Lane, West Islip. Attendance is free. For more information visit our website at  http://www.suffolkcountyceliacs.org/

-Michael Thorn
Vendor Fair Chairperson

*******
*******