Date:
Wed, 5 Nov 2003 13:10:08 EST

Hi all!

I worked at Olive Garden for about a year as a waitress - before knowing I
had Celiac Sprue.   We had to make our own salads and put the broccoli and
veggies in the small bowls, and pull our own bread stix - right by the veggies. And
I am sure more items I am forgetting. But, I just wanted to say, that there
is no way any of it can be gluten-free.

The salad line is contaminated with the first normal salad made - unless you
get ONLY salad that drops into the bowl from a vertical bin. No onions,
tomatoes, etc. You can have up to 4 people standing there at once grabbing what they
need to make a salad, and the same gloved hands are grabbing croutons then
grabbing tomatoes, then onions while another person heads the other way. It is
not disorganization, it is simply how rush times flowed.

If anyone ever finds a recipe for the afredo sauce that comes close to
theirs, please pass it along - that is my only thing left that I can't find
something just as good.

Sincerely,
Christie