From:
David J. Franklin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Jun 2001 19:53:07 -0600

Hello listmates.

I would love to hear from those of you who are not able to eat grain-fed
meats.  I only seem to be able to tolerate fish out of the ocean, and
sometimes get pretty depressed about it.  Luckily, I live close enough to
the ocean to get some fresh and frozen fish (Idaho), but when I visit the
midwest there is nothing available there that hasn't been farm raised.
Even all the bison I have seen is very carefully and proudly fed corn as a
finisher.

Do you have sources for non-grain fed animal protein?  And what are your
guesses for why a person wouldn't be able to tolerate it?  I thought maybe
it had something to do with the grains themselves, but a recent post
suggested a connection to arachidonic acid.

I don't seem to get a gluten reaction, but usually get very angry, and end
up with puss-filled bumps on various parts of my body.  I'd guess there is
more than 1 thing going on here.  I also get the bumps from eating corn.

Thank you.  Helen