From:
Dianne Friesenhahn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 5 Nov 2000 15:54:28 -0600

Hi all!  I recently went to my dr b/c of an itchy rash I developed (on
my feet) about 3 weeks ago.  My dr thought I might have DH and asked me
if I was ever diagnosed w/ celiac.  He put me on a 2 week diet of no
milk, corn, wheat or potatoes.  the itching for the most part went away
and is not as dramatic as when it first started.  This past Friday, I
went back for my two week checkup since being possibly diagnosed as
having DH. My dr suggested I have a blood test for IGa/IGg, thyroid and
complete blood count. Test results should come back end of this next
week. Can anyone tell me what is "normal" for these tests (in layman's
terms)? What is abnormal? Also, my dr suggested that I also have an
intestinal biopsy done, however, he indicated that my HMO insurance
(Humana) will probably not cover this procedure. Was curious as to what
other insurance carriers anyone has that knows for a fact that this
procedure would be covered? I am in an "open enrollment period" right
now at my job where I can change to another insurance group. I have
until Nov. 15th to do this. The other choices are United Health or the
Dell PPO, besides Humana. Any insight would be great!

Thanks in advance!

Di