Date:
Sun, 2 Oct 2005 18:34:56 EDT

For those of you interested in reimbursement for the price differential of
gluten free foods if you have a pre-tax medical spending account at work, I
thought I'd share my experience. I submitted approx $70 worth of expenses, using
 copies of gluten free receipts (mostly from on-line vendors) and listing
comparable "regular" prices, for example, cereal, bread, pasta, pretzels,
bagels, mac & cheese. I also enclosed a copy of a diagnosis-related letter  from my
daughter's gastro md that she had sent to my daughter's college. I  received
reimbursement, no questions asked. The plan we have is through United  Health
Care. I had spoken to one of their reps. earlier this year, and was  quoted
the laws by which they are governed. Leads me to believe that all such  plans
have to reimburse you as long as you have proper  documentation.