Date:
Mon, 26 May 1997 15:32:23 +0000

Is it just me & my situation, or are there other Celiacs who feel like
their diet/needs are usually treated as an afterthought? Time after
time, I keep coming up with the short end of the stick, unless I
coordinate most all of the details.

Everyone else is sitting down to a hot (gluten) lunch- ready to eat when
someone will look up & say- oh yea..... what will YOU be having?

Weekly grocery store trips yield things others can eat & I'm on my own
to travel to the specialty store to get the GF versions. Worse, my
husband makes a trip (12 miles round trip) to the specialty health food
store and brings home not one single item gluten free!

I go to get a drink of a sugar free drink I have because of diabetes &
the pitcher is all but empty. I've had about all I can take of this
second fiddle business! This is depressing.

How do others cope?

Fran