From:
Kathleen Curet <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Kathleen Curet <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 29 Aug 2002 08:53:12 -0700

Hey, Listmates,

I just received a response from Heineken concerning my question on the availability of gf beer in the States.  Just thought I'd share... Wish it were more encouraging...guess I'll have to stick with the vino, etc.  <br> Dear Kathleen,  <br> Thank you for your email message. Heineken Italia, our Italian operating company, does produce a a gluten free brand of beer named Bi Aglut, available only in Italy. The beer is a joint project of Heineken Italia and Heinz-Plasmon. Heineken Italia produces the product and Heinz-Plasmon is responsible for sales and marketing. There are no plans to introduce the product to the United States at this time. I hope this answers your question adequately. Thank you for your interest in Heineken USA. Regards, Pamela van Reesema Corporate Affairs Heineken USA"  <br> Here's the address [log in to unmask] if anyone wants to send words of encouragement to Heineken on behalf of Celiac beer drinkers!

Cheers,  Kate in Salmon, ID