From:
Herb Bolz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 Aug 1996 22:51:08 -0700

>> to the best of my knowledge all national celiac groups agree that persons
>> with celiac disease should not ingest gluten/gliadin. NO EXCEPTONS
>
>Actually, to the best of my knowledge, the North-American celiac groups
>seems to be the exception here. Our Dutch national celiac association feels
>that - except for a minority of very sensitive individuals - it is OK
>to eat e.g. diet wheat starch with a gluten content below the level indicated
>by the codex alimentarius....
>Hendriek Boshuizen,
>The Netherlands

REPLY:

Thanks. Very helpful comments.

I enjoy reading messages from outside my home country (the USA). Sometimes
I think some of those of us who are Americans tend to have an insular and
overzealous approach to some issues.  Contrasting perspectives often help
to bring out the nuances.

HERB BOLZ  :)               *   Davis, California, USA
(personal views ONLY)       *   (between Sacramento and San Francisco)
[log in to unmask]  *     ---city of bikes---