From:
Scott Adams <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 4 Mar 2002 10:33:37 -0800

I'm not sure whether or not this has been posted yet, if it has please
forgive me:

La Rice Publishing Company was in the process of preparing the fourth
edition of The Art Of Baking With Rice Flour when the author, Muriel
Richter, became suddenly ill. Her illness was not able to be determined
until the late stages of the disease. She was later diagnosed with
pancreatic cancer. She entered the hospital with what was though to be an
intestinal blockage on January 22. It was later diagnosed as cancer. She
died on February 15, 2002. Her wish was that her book continue to be available.

Muriel Richter resided in Vancouver, Washington. Muriel was employed as an
accountant, real estate agent and salesperson. Her hobbies included
cooking, crossword puzzles, leisure reading and writing poetry. In 1980,
Muriel became active with the regional gluten support group. Her recipes
have been a reliable source for those seeking gluten-free alternatives. Her
company, La Rice Publishing Company is the publisher of her book - The Art
Of Baking With Rice Flour.

Send condolences to:

G. William Franklin

Scott Adams - San Francisco, USA
Celiac.com
The Celiac Disease & Gluten-Free Diet Support Page
http://www.celiac.com/

The Gluten-Free Mall(TM)
Your Special Diet Superstore!(TM)
http://www.glutenfreemall.com/

Disclaimer: Any advice offered by Celiac.com with regard to celiac disease
is not intended to take the place of advice offered by trained medical
professionals. The goal of our site and our responses to your questions is
to provide accurate information about the disease to both diagnosed and
undiagnosed individuals, and to facilitate the diagnosis of the latter by
trained medical professionals. We advise that you consult with your
physician if you are experiencing ANY symptoms of unknown origin.