From:
Cathy Frank <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Cathy Frank <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 Feb 2003 11:47:46 -0500

Hi, I am a brand new member.

Has anyone ever had the experience of waking up during the sedation
for an edoscopy?

My son, 12, just diagnosed, had this experience and remembers
everything.
My daughter, 8, now needs the same procedure and we are
concerned about this happening again.

The GI Doctor providing the sedation said that my son had, had a
reaction to the Veriset (sp?) he was given and that was why he woke
up crying and continued to cry for 40 minutes. He confirmed that my
son had woken up and was then put back "out"

Would anyone advise general anethesia?

Cathy Frank