From:
Cyndi Symons <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 Dec 1998 18:32:41 EST

Dear list,
This was sent to me by Geoff at the Hereford Texas plant--
--  Due to demand larger than our capacity
 we have had to build a new mill. This has taken longer than we
 anticipated but we expect to be back in full production by mid january.
 New phone numbers are 806-267-0820 and fax 806-267-0769. You should also
 be able to purchase our products from the "gluten Free mall" ( contact
 Scott Adams)  The new mill will enable us to produce a much wider range
 of food products from Jowar, including gluten free snacks and additional
 breakfast cereals. The increased capacity will also enable us to place
 products in many more health food stores.
 Jowar is also called juwar in indian stores, but a lot of the material
 in Indian stores comes from sorghum for cow feed not for human
 consumption. Also care needs to be taken as many products in indian
 stores are repackaged by the store owners and of course the major flour
 product they move is a wheat flour for chapattis. As far as i am aware
 we are the only mill that mills only sorghum and corn and not a wide mix
 of products. We can provide you with a whole grain product similar to
 the stone ground product. Jowar( course or fine grind) is of course more
 slowly digested than most cereal flours and so is better for diabetics.
 We will have garbanzo bean flour available in the new year.
 We thank you for your use in the past of our proiducts and look forward
 to many more purchases in the future.
 Please pass this message on to the list if you so desire. >>