From:
Victoria Rogers <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Victoria Rogers <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Mar 2003 11:19:23 -0800

I received several kind assurances that GF food would
be easy to find in Eugene.

Here are specific recommendations:

Kiva at 125 W. 11th has lots of choices
Zenon restaurant
Cafe Yum

Just know how to order and you will be fine.
Taste of India brunch all except the bread.

Glenwood, near U. of Oregon campus

seafood restaurant in "downtown" Eugene called "The
Trawler" had pretty good seafood in a quiet
atmosphere.  It was in the basement of an office
building across from the County courthouse, South side

the usual chains (Outback, Chevy's, Applebee's, etc.)
.......  our local (Ashland, OR) Market of Choice has
gf crackers, cookies, and rice cakes, plus a lot of gf
mixes in the baking section.  I'm told there is a
Market of Choice in Eugene, too, near the campus.

Outback Steakhouses – Web site has a location map.
There is one in Springfield

Wildoats market

Every healthfood store in town has a selection of gf
products, but the best is a local market called Market
of Choice at Willamette and 29th.

for groceries, Oasis on Willamette is the best bet

all the major brand groceries have a substantial
amonut of GF foods in special sections, usually
identified as "Health Foods".  I was amazed at the
types and varieties of foods available in the standard
groceries. Safeway, Fred Meyer and Albertson's all had
these special food sections.

Local contact person is Jody Hoag   mailto: