From:
Rita Malkin <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Rita Malkin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 Dec 2007 08:39:04 -0800

Thanks for all the replies I received regarding the use of liquid egg whites in baking.

  It's truly a mixed bag of opinions.  Most, however felt that they could easily replace whole eggs, one-for-one, in just about any recipe.  One writer indicated that they were able to use the liquid whites successfully in angel food cakes while others felt that some recipes suffered from the lack of fat supplied by yolks.  Most did agree, however, that the plain liquid egg whites did not whip into a suitable meringue.

  Over the holidays I jumped in with both feet and used Egg Beaters in two gluten free cake recipes, one a cheesecake, the other a flourless chocolate cake.  Both turned out just wonderfully delicious, with no noticeable change in taste or texture.

  Thanks again for your input.

  Rita, Toledo,OH

Rita

  Rita Malkin