From:
Escuela de Secretariado Internacional <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Jul 1999 21:18:05 +0100

Dear List Members
As an outsider, I was becoming somewhat sceptical of the celiac list after
daily deletions of so many apparently frivolous posts on such subjects as
the gf status of Whizo crisps and Whacco sauce. Until I posted my enquiry re
child and cholesterol. Within 48 hours I had almost 20 sensitive and
sensible responses from Canada to New Zealand, Argentine to Finland. One
person even took the trouble to scan the relevant section of a book to send
me. I can now understand the lifeline and comfort the list must be to so
many of you and can only congratulate the owners and subscribers to the
list. Incidentally, such solidarity undercutting boundaries and taboos goes
some way to explaining authority's distrust of the internet. Thank you all.

Martin Harris