Date:
Tue, 18 Jul 1995 11:36:23 -0400

Hi!!
     After having about 6 endoscopies in less than a year, I can't say they
are pleasant.  However,  it's better for your body than going on a gluten
challenge, because if you have CD it could set you back pretty far.  I'm
talking from experience on this.  In fact after having all that gluten I
became critically ill for 17 months.  You can ask the GI to give you mild
sedation, just to calm you.  After the scope you feel a slight sore throat
and sore GI track that goes away in a few days.  If you have full sedation
you'll be tired the rest of the day.  Do ask about the blood test which is
quick, easy, and pain free.  Be careful if the scores are boarderline mine
were and I have severe reactions to gluten.  Good Luck and Keep in Touch.  If
you do have CD write back for diet tips.
                                          Kelly in R.I.