Date:
Thu, 19 Oct 2006 19:35:07 -0400

First, let me say THANK YOU to all who replied.  Talk about some quick
and sensitive responses.  I actually slept last night, relieved that my
child was more than likely safe and it was a good learning lesson for
me.  - Sara, CT

Summary of Responses:

1.	Yes, I use it with no problem and my friend who is VERY
sensitive uses it all the time with no problem.  The company has to
cover themselves but I do not know of any Celiac who has had a negative
reaction to the dressing.

2.	My daughter eats Hidden Valley all the time.  Has been dx'd cd 3
yrs and has bloodwork to test for dietary compliance every 6 months..and
she is fine..no antibodies..no reactions.

3.	I eat Hidden Valley Ranch all the time without any problems.

4.	The University of Chicago includes a bottle of Hidden Valley
Ranch dressing in their GF gift baskets that they send out to those who
are newly diagnosed
with CD.  I only buy Hidden Valley Ranch and I have never had a reaction
to it.

5.	We eat the packaged Hidden Valley ranch all the time with no
problem.  We felt that there was not an issue with contamination after
we talked to the company.  We didn't eat it for probably 3 years but
they were more up-front and knowledgeable about their ingredients
recently so we eat both the bottled and packaged regular ranch with no
problems that we can detect and we ARE symptomatic.

6.	I have been using it for 3 years with no reaction.  I am a very
sensitive Celiac.

7.	We eat Hidden Valley frequently with no problems, but we are not
super-super sensitive.

8.	Hidden Valley, despite their refusal to ever say if the dressing
is GF, is by its ingredients GF.   The HV statement is pure CYA. As for
CC, you take the same chance you take anywhere else that makes products
with gluten, and a heck of a lot less chance than any time you eat out.

9.	I have eaten Hidden Valley Ranch several times in the last few
months with no bad effects.

10.	We ate some HVR dip - made from the packets - this past weekend
with no ill effects from anyone.  We have eaten it in the past too,
without any reaction.  If there is even trace amounts in anything, DD is
the one to know.  She will react within 5 minutes.

11.	Yes, my daughter uses Hidden Valley and it is ok. In fact she
just had a follow up biopsy and her small intestine is completely normal
after only 4 mos. on the diet.  I find that the major brands do follow
the food labeling laws and we've had no problems.  If the label doesn't
state wheat in the  allergen labeling or ingredients then it's not
there.  Oats wouldn't be used in salad dressing anyway.

12.	Take it easy!!  I eat Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing all the time
without a reaction.

13.	I have been a celiac for 16 years.

14.	Hi, I used to eat Hidden Valley, but I called them one day and
was told they couldn't guarantee that it was free of wheat or gluten so
I stopped eating it. This was about a year ago, I'm sorry I can't help
more but I was under the impression it wasn't safe.