From:
Rita Malkin <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Rita Malkin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 28 Mar 2009 15:16:29 -0700

Recently, I had the opportunity to dine at two excellent restaurants in the Toledo, OH area.

The first, Real Seafood, is extremely accommodating to the celiac community.  They offer a large gluten free menu and stock a supply of gluten free pasta at all times.  The food was fantastic.  For an appetizer I ordered mussels in garlic, wine and butter sauce.  My main course was the best Pasta Pescatore I've eaten in years.  The pasta was perfectly cooked, and the assortment of seafood was huge and also perfectly cooked.  The entire dish was covered with a wonderful fresh tomato sauce. Dessert was a Creme Brulee -- delicious.

Throughout the entire meal, the server checked to make sure that each of the ingredients was safe for me to eat -- and that included the house salad dressing.  Toward the end of the meal the Assistant Manager, Kelly, visited our table to find out if everything was to my liking.  This is a place that is worth visiting again and again.  I'd give it 5 stars!

www.realseafoodcorestaurant.com
22 Main St, Toledo -  888-456-3463

The next place I highly recommend is a chain -- P.F.Chang's. This one is located in Maumee, OH at the Fallen Timbers Mall.   I've dined there several times over the past few months and the food was wonderful.  I recently had their Buddhist Feast with tofu, ginger sauce and brown rice (a favorite of mine).  Wow!  The vegetables were crisp and perfectly cooked.  The ginger sauce was lovely.  For luncheon, they also add a delicious egg drop soup.  Dessert -- well, how can you possibly describe a mouth-watering flourless chocolate dome with raspberry sauce? The service is excellent and very aware of the gluten free diet, as well as other food issues (i.e.dairy and egg-free needs).  Once again, the manager, Les Collingwood, visited our table to make sure we were being properly treated. I'll be dining their regularly.  I'd give it 5 stars.

PF Changs China Bistro 2300 Village DR W 0
Maumee, OH 43537-7550
419-878-8490

Rita       Rita Malkin    The Gourmet Celiac Group  [log in to unmask]