From:
Rene Delehanty <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 2 Feb 1996 09:23:19 -0600

>I eat rice noodles every single day! Found at any oriental grocery store for
>$99 cents/pound, it is way cheaper that buying GF pasta at the health food
>store or by mail order!!!

I have found something called Mung Bean Thread which is an excellent
pasta-type food when cooked like spaghetti. It makes good soups also. I
found it at a local international foods store and is extremely inexpensive.
It is tasty with spaghetti sauce on top.

Also, regarding eating at Chinese restaurants: I have a favorite Chinese
restaurant here and the couple that own it are aware of the hardships I
have with dining out, so they prepare foods special for me. I have found
that once I let a restaurant know that I am a celiac, they are quite happy
to help out. I am a regular at several restaurants in the area, a
family-owned Mexican restaurant where I order burritos on corn tortillas is
another one, and once I have established good customer-manager
relationships they seem to go out of there way for me. However, it IS more
difficult when I leave the safety of my little city!

Rene' Delehanty                         Phone: 913*532*1565
Editorial Assistant                      FAX: 913*532*5632
Kansas State University               E-Mail: [log in to unmask]
University Publications               WWW Homepage: http://www.ksu.edu/~arene/
5 Anderson Hall
Manhattan, KS 66506-0118

 "Always remember that the future comes one day at a time."