From:
Cecilia McNeil <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Aug 2001 13:55:07 -0500

Sorry I missed this sooner-I lived in Boone for a year through spring
200.

Corner Palate is great in Banner Elk. They do a sushi night which is as
good as any sushi I have ever had. Very casual. THE local hot spot so
get there early.

Black Diamond in Banner Elk has great food. It is more upscale and
fancier but I never wore a dress. Extremely helpful staff/chef.

Louisiana Purchase is the most $$$ and best restaurant in the high
country.

You can get great GF meals there, too.

Downtown Boone , King St, same side a Mast General Store has a
vegetarian/Mexican/ sushi-rice wrapper restaurant where I ate all the
time...trying to remember the name...duh...Angelica's???  I still miss
it!!!!

Great fresh innovative stuff. Real casual. Lots of patchouli oil but
frequented by all types!

The Red Onion in quasi-downtown Boone has a number of GF things as well.
It is a locally-owned, non chain kind of like an Applebee's only better.

You'll do fine in the Boone area!! I was very happily well-fed and GF
while there.

Jill

Thanks Jill,
Cecilia,TX