From:
Richard Black <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 Oct 1996 03:06:29 +0000

Thank you to all about the discussions of Baskin and Robbins ice cream and to
Jim Lyles who noted Baskin and Robbins' phone number in a recent post.

"Regarding Baskin-Robbins, in a letter two years ago they specifically
stated that the modified food starch in their products was from a GF
source.  Contact info:

   Baskin-Robbins USA, Co.
   31 Baskin-Robbins Pl.
   Glendale, CA  91201
   (818) 956-0031
   (818) 243-7969 (fax)"

I called the number today and talked with a lady in Consumer Affairs. She
was knowledgable about the GF status of their products. Since there are over
700 products she immedicately offered to send me a list of their products,
their GF status, the number of calories (uhg), cholesterol (uhg), etc for each.

She also said that nationally all products are made to the company's
specifications and that they do NOT rotate venders of their products. That
means that a listing should be good for quite some time. She noted that
sometimes they introduce new products and,I believe she said "rotate" some
and, therefore, it would be a good idea to contact them periodically to find
out if there have been any changes to the lists.

Oh, boy is this good news. :)

Again, thanks.

Rich
"Sunny" Southern California, US of A.