Date:
Sun, 4 Sep 2005 15:35:54 EDT

Here is a summary of responses for traveling to Vancouver and  Victoria:

_Panne Rizo _ (http://www.pannerizoricebreads.com/) Bakery 1939  Cornwall
Ave. in Vancouver.  Tel: 604 736 0885.  This bakery is  excellent and we have
visited several times to purchase breads and sweet  treats.

Barb game the following website for gluten free traveling in Canada:
_http://www.penny.ca/BC.htm_ (http://www.penny.ca/BC.htm)    She noted there
some errors on the website, so please double check with the  restaurant or
store you wish to visit on their location, etc.

From Grace:
There is an excellent wheat free and gluten free bakery named Mountain Top
Cafe and Bakery in north Vancouver, it is close to the sea bus on the Vancouver
 side. They sell fresh made rice bread, rice muffins, rice pies and lot of
desserts made of rice flour. They also provide gluten free dinner like rice
noodle soup, panini and different kinds of sandwiches made by themself.   The
address is : 103-1124 Lonsdale Avenue. North Vancouver. Their phone number  is:
604-960-9605.

From Lynn:

In Victoria there is a pizza joint (not fancy at all) that has gluten  free
pizza!  I just found it when I was there touring. It's across from the  harbor
down a bit away from the museum in the touristy part of town. Sorry I  don't
know the name or address. They have a sign in the window -- GLUTEN FREE  PIZZA.

From Mike:
Thrifty Foods on the Island has a selection of GF items.
Lifestyles Markets on Douglas Street in Victoria has an excellent selection
of GF food and sometimes has locally produced GF pizza from The Olive Grove
Restaurant...  Also "the Joint" on Wharf St. has GF pizza (perhaps this is  the
restaurant Lynn referred to?), Blighty's Bistro on Oak Bay Ave. will also
prepare GF meals... (We visited Lifestyles Markets and it was a great place to
shop for grocery items -- it happened to be a few doors down from our hotel!
We purchased bread, crackers, etc. for our trip to the northern part of  the
island.)