From:
Mireille Cote <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 Apr 1999 22:07:28 -0400

As some ask me for explications of my pepperace recipe and there seems to
have interest enough, here are they:

There is really 2 pounds of sugar, but with the vinegar and the salt (you
drain well but there is always a little), it is not too sweet.

We never canned it.  It keeps well 2 to 4 months.  It is so good, never lasts
so long.

We never kept it in the fridge neither.  I think the vinegar, sugar and salt
are good proservatives anough.

You pronounce it pepper ace as an ace in sport.  It is not a French recipe,
but a French speaking neighbor gave it to my mother when I was 10 and we
always made it since when the bell peppers are not too expensive up here.
The name of the recipe was in English (Pepperace) though.  Always asked
myself where it came from.

Mireille.