From:
Leif O. Thorvaldson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 Jan 2001 14:29:35 -0800

Thanks for the five responses that I got.  Referrals to Cynthia at the
GIG was the main response.  However, two others listed docs in
"relatively" nearby cities.

1.  Call Cynthia on Wednesday, December 27th or Thursday, December 28th
at the Gluten Intolerance Group in Seattle to get information on Doctors
in the Tacoma area.

Contact Gluten Intolerance Group (GIG) in Seattle, WA for information.

Gluten Intolerance Group
15110 10th Ave SW, Suite A
Seattle, WA 98166-1820

Telephone:  206-246-6652
Fax:        206-246-6531
Website:    www.gluten.net
Email:      [log in to unmask]    or    [log in to unmask]

2.  Leif, in case  you don't find one in the Tacoma area, the Seattle
GIG once recommended Dr. Driscoll in  Seattle for me

3.  Here's one in Vancouver, WA.  Dr. Matthew Casimo 360-253-1453, this
guy saved my life.

4.  A call from Cynthia at the GIG referred me to a Dr. Wagonfeld in
Tacoma.  He is a member of the group of docs that I went to.  My doc
there was a Dr. Taubman.  After extensive testing, all negative, I was
left with the final resort of gluten challenge and biopsy.  At this
point, having pretty well ruled out any other types of problems, I
feel pretty secure in my self-diagnosis of CD.  Since Taubman's office
didn't see fit to check on the gluten status of barium that was used
on me (and I had a severe reaction to), and the nurse expressed
amazement at the thought of gluten being present in the barium
solution, I will hold off anymore contact with him.  Wagonfeld is a
possibility for the future and I will be forearmed in the event any
additional upper GI series are ordered.

Leif