From:
Richard Grady <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Richard Grady <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 Oct 2014 10:04:34 -0700

On Sun, 19 Oct 2014 08:36:54 -0700, I wrote:

>I have been invited to a meeting to be held at a Marie Callender's
>Restaurant.  Are there items on the menu that are safe for celiacs to
>eat?  Apparently they do a lot of baking on the premises.  I would
>worry about flour dust getting on everything.

I got only a few responses.  Perhaps that's because the restaurants
are only in five US states: CA, ID, NV, TX, and UT.

The most substantial response was:
>I would too.  Find out if you  can bring your own food, or eat earlier.
>I wouldn't even enter any premises where baking is done unless 4 hours
>have elapsed from last baking, but I'm retired and don't have to be
>anywhere I don't choose to be.  It's difficult when you're working,
>but you should still be as careful as you can be.

This was not work related (I've been retired for 25 years), but rather
related to one of my hobbies.  A big feature of the restaurant's
dinner menu is "Marie's Famous Pot Pie  Our traditional 60-year-old
recipe is baked fresh throughout the day" which consists of a crock of
chicken stew covered with a pie crust.  As this event was not
work-related, I gave my regrets (with an explanation) to the
organizers, and stayed home.

Richard