From:
"D. Resch" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 18 Apr 1999 13:39:59 -0400

Dear ListMates,

In reaction to someone's post regarding the Estee Lauder Company, I wrote a
post last week telling of my negative experience with that company.  While
I was on a roll, I also posted a copy of the letter I sent to the list on
some unused web spaced I happen to have on AOL...then, not being totally
satisfied, I sent a copy of the letter to Estee Lauder AGAIN and informed
them about sending it to approximately 3000 members (is that an
exaggeration??) on the Celiac list and also posting it on my AOL HomePage.
I asked them if the lousy $26 refund I was requesting was really worth all
the negative publicity considering they are a company that spends millions
on advertising.

Well, someone from Estee Lauder phoned me on Monday and was VERY apologetic
for the "mix up."  They offered to refund my $26 and give me any products I
want for free.  I told them that all I want is my $26 - I feel that to do
otherwise would be hypocritical.  They want to give me free stuff to make
up for the inconvenience and the fact that their customer service
department is basically inefficient.  Oh well....I still only want what I
wanted from the start....$26.

I guess my point in all this is the power of "hanging in there" when you
are right and not letting these big companies just brush us off and feel
that we will just go away because it's the easy thing to do.  Gluten may
not be a well-known food intolerance at this point but more and more people
and companies are beginning to become aware.

Deb Resch