From:
Victor Dolcourt <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Victor Dolcourt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 21 Nov 2016 02:09:18 +0000

Dear List Mates,
Gluten-free breads are really in the mainstream, and a number of them are really good. But when I look at the ingredients, I am often greeted with refined starches as the first or second ingredient. Although these bake up nice and fluffy and often taste good, they don't carry the flavor of what I remember whole grain breads taste like. In addition, a number of these have a gummy consistency to some degree.
I've tried making my own gluten-free flour mixes, and try as I might to achieve a high degree of whole grain, I have never been successful achieving more than 50% - 60% whole grains and the rest refined starches. A number of seasoned bakers who I respect often write that refined starch is necessary in gluten-free bread just to make the resultant edible.
Today I found something entirely new at Whole Foods Market in Santa Clara, CA. Jovial has now come out with four gluten-free flour mixes that have no added starch. Two are whole grain and corn-free. The other two have corn, and corn flour apparently isn't whole grain.

So the question was: Is this stuff any good? It turns out Yes!! The mix is easy to use, and it isn't messy to clean up, way different than other mixes, including my own. But that isn't the best part. The bread is the best part. If you'd like to find out more, navigate to this page: http://bit.ly/GFBake
Look for "Blog" in the center of the page, and click though. There are no viruses either in the link or the website.
Please let me know if you have questions or comments. I'll be happy to answer. (And if you represent a company, please don't ask me to promote or review your product.)
Vic
Sunnyvale, CA