From:
Joan Wade <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Joan Wade <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 1 Mar 2003 20:44:56 -0800

Members:
The posts regarding the prevalence of celiac disease last week often had a person from the Centers for  Research stating that, "It is a hard diet to follow." Do they realize that we can eat all but four of the foods grown in this world? Do they realize that we follow the diet that would benefit many people in the world - fewer processed foods? We need to be more positive about what we CAN eat. The goal of Sylvan Border Farm is to create products that are tasty and nutritious. We include many nutritious grains in our products. They add to the flavor and improve the baking properties of gluten-free grains. Using a variety of grains is always a great way to improve the food value of what you eat. Your whole family will enjoy the Sylvan Border Farm Mixes. Our General Purpose Flour is wonderful for baking cakes, cookies, making gravy and dusting meats. Our Pancake & Waffle Mix, Lemon Cake Mix, and Gluten-Free Bread Mixes are easy to make. With these basics you will find that a gluten-free diet is not as challenging as most people think. Our mixes are a wonderful complement to all the fruits, vegetables, meats, nuts, and berries we can eat. Enjoy!

Joan M. Wade, President
Mendocino Gluten-Free Products, Inc.
DBA: Sylvan Border Farm
P.O. Box 277